Barclays appoints Antony Jenkins as new chief executive
Barclays has appointed Antony Jenkins to be its new chief executive.
The appointment follows the resignation of former chief executive Bob Diamond in the wake of the Libor interest rate fixing scandal.
Mr Jenkins currently runs Barclays Retail and Business Banking and has been a member of the group's executive committee since 2009.
The announcement comes a day after Barclays said the Serious Fraud Office was investigating the bank.
Barclays said the SFO was investigating payments between the bank and Qatar Holding LLC, part of sovereign wealth fund Qatar Investment Authority.
The probe relates to 2008 when Barclays was raising money from Middle East investors during the banking crisis.
source: bbcukBerita Lain:
- Blockbuster goes into administration
- HMV dan#039;confident of finding solutiondan#039;
- UK inflation holds steady at 2.7%
- Burberry shares up on sales rise
- King attacks prospect of tax avoidance bank bonus delay