Electronic passports launched tomorrow
The Ministry of Justice and Human Rights will begin launching electronic passports (e-passports) tomorrow. Explanation of the process for the e-passports can be accessed by email from the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights Directorate General of Immigration.
E-passports will be safe from forgery, according to a statement from Minister of Justice and Human Rights Patrialis Akbar provided to Kompas on Tuesday.
Patrialis insists that the launching of these e-passports has nothing to do with Gayus Tambunans forged passports. E-passports were planned by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights a long time. It wasnt launched exclusively because Gayus forged passports, but it is to prevent such incidents from happening again, Patrialis explained.
Patrialis said the public shouldnt rush in droves to register their passports electronically, reminding that e-passports will be applicable across the country in 2015.
Source: the jakarta postBerita Lain:
- Blockbuster goes into administration
- Mali conflict: French dan#039;fighting Islamists in Diabalydan#039;
- Foreigners abducted by Islamist militants in Algeria
- Mali conflict: French troops fight Islamists in Diabaly
- Argentina President Brings 230 Businessmen to Indonesia