Jakarta Police to monitor 13 Ahmadiyah sites
Jakarta Police say they will deploy officers to monitor 13 places of worship and meeting venues for Ahmadiyah followers across Jakarta following a deadly attack on members of the sect in Cikeusik, Banten, in which three were brutally killed on Sunday.
Our officers are monitoring and patrolling the premises belonging to Ahmadiyah, Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Baharudin Djafar said Tuesday, as quoted by Antara.
Baharudin said the police would also deploy plainclothes officers to anticipate similar attacks targeting Ahmadis.
However, for safety reasons Baharudin declined to name the locations of the congregations, or numbers of personnel being deployed.
Source: the jakarta postBerita Lain:
- Blockbuster goes into administration
- Mali conflict: French dan#039;fighting Islamists in Diabalydan#039;
- Foreigners abducted by Islamist militants in Algeria
- Mali conflict: French troops fight Islamists in Diabaly
- Argentina President Brings 230 Businessmen to Indonesia