Julian Assange: Americas ministers to meet
Foreign ministers from across the American continent will meet next Friday to discuss the impasse between the UK and Ecuador over Julian Assange.
Ecuador has granted political asylum to the Wikileaks founder who took refuge at Ecuador's embassy in London in June.
He faces extradition to Sweden over sexual assault claims, which he denies.
Twenty-three members of the OAS (Organization of American States) voted to have the meeting in Washington DC. The US was one of three to oppose it.
source: bbcukBerita Lain:
- Mali conflict: French dan#039;fighting Islamists in Diabalydan#039;
- Foreigners abducted by Islamist militants in Algeria
- Mali conflict: French troops fight Islamists in Diabaly
- Mali conflict: French set for key ground combat
- Foreigners dan#039;abducteddan#039; by Islamist militants in Algeria