Suspended death sentence for Gu Kailai over Heywood murder
The wife of former Chinese politician Bo Xilai has been given a suspended death sentence for the murder of British businessman Neil Heywood.
Gu Kailai was convicted of the November 2011 killing by a court in the Chinese city of Hefei. She did not contest the charges at her one-day trial on 9 August.
Ms Gu's aide, Zhang Xiaojun, was jailed for nine years.
Suspended death sentences are usually commuted to life imprisonment.
source: bbcukBerita Lain:
- Mali conflict: French dan#039;fighting Islamists in Diabalydan#039;
- Foreigners abducted by Islamist militants in Algeria
- Mali conflict: French troops fight Islamists in Diabaly
- Mali conflict: French set for key ground combat
- Foreigners dan#039;abducteddan#039; by Islamist militants in Algeria