UK manufacturing output in shock fall in February
UK manufacturing output fell by 1% in February, suffering its biggest monthly fall for 10 months, casting doubt on the country's economic recovery.
Factory output was also down 1.4% compared with a year ago, the Office for National Statistics said.
The figures were much worse than expected. Economists had forecast a 0.1% rise for both the month and year.
The wider measure of industrial production rose 0.4% month-on-month but was down 2.3% on February 2011.
source: bbcukBerita Lain:
- Blockbuster goes into administration
- HMV dan#039;confident of finding solutiondan#039;
- UK inflation holds steady at 2.7%
- Burberry shares up on sales rise
- King attacks prospect of tax avoidance bank bonus delay